Thursday 20 December 2012

LEICESTER CITY OF SANCTUARY CHRISTMAS PARTY


This afternoon I pop into City of Sanctuary's Christmas party at their Drop-in Centre in Booth Hall, St Martins House. There are around 50 service users, with about half that number of volunteers in attendance.

There's a lot of good food and drink on the table, all made or donated by volunteers, friends and supporters. My personal favourite: Mike's orange oil and almond sponge cake.


There's a friendly supportive atmosphere to this low-key occasion, which is just as it should be, befitting the people and their purpose.


As I do at the end of all my blog posts referring to St Martins House, I refer any reader wondering about the omission of the possessive apostrophe from the building's name to a letter from Rev. Peter Hobson, Director of St Martins House, published in the Leicester Mercury, 29 March 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment