Wednesday 9 November 2011

SLIDE CHARLIE BROWN, SLIDE!


I pop into Phoenix Square Film and Digital Media Centre this morning, to pick up another bunch of brochures (the November one, with our Faiths Film Festival in it). I want to put these into packs for people attending the Global Education Leicester-Shire (GELS) termly meeting at Southfields Library this afternoon.

By chance, I bump into Andy Jones, Phoenix Square's Programme Manager, with whom I worked on the Faiths Film Festival. When he asks me how it's all going, I chance my arm and ask if we could get a slide (or "slate") made up for projection immediately before each of the five films, saying something like "This film is being shown to mark Inter Faith Week (20-26 November 1911) and for the 25th anniversary of Leicester Council of Faiths".

I tell Andy that I know I'm going out on a limb on this one, that they've done plenty already - but he appears to really like the idea and almost finishes my sentence for me! I should trust my instincts more often (and our pop-up banner is still on show at the box office).

No comments:

Post a Comment