Saturday 4 August 2012

YOU CANNOT DENY JESUS' EXISTENCE

This letter appears in today's Leicester Mercury:
You cannot deny Jesus' existence
I hope I may be permitted to respond to criticism of my earlier letter in which I compared the absurdity of the denial of the existence of Jesus Christ to Holocaust denial.
Callum Collier misunderstood my point; it was the very existence of Jesus Christ which was being challenged, and this is a historical fact. 
I do not apologise for expressing the truth. Alan Pendragon's letter was more hostile: he may query my simile, as is his right, but it is certainly not puerile.
It is worthwhile pointing out that our Muslim brethren also regard Jesus Christ as a significant prophet in their faith. Even many so-called secularists acknowledge Jesus Christ as a good man.
Mark W. Jacques OP, Quorn

No comments:

Post a Comment