Friday 3 August 2012

EINSTEIN'S THEORY TOUGH TO BELIEVE

This letter appears in today's Leicester Mercury (but not on its website):
Einstein's theory tough to believe
I have been reading the letters in the Mercury from agnostics, secularists and the like and thought to myself these people seem to know what they are talking about.
So I thought I would have a look at what science has to say about creation.
I Googled the subject and was reading about the Big Bang and that the universe just appeared from nowhere and is getting bigger all the time.
Also, this genius called Einstein had worked out that if we could travel faster than light, time would slow down and if you could travel fast enough you could arrive back before you set off.
If I understand it right, to do all this you would have to avoid black holes that can suck you in and you disappear forever, and also avoid dark matter, which I suppose could have been called fairy dust but dark matter sounds more scientific.
No, I'm not an academic so might not have quite grasped this chap Einstein's theories, but I feel he should have stuck to managing the Beatles!
The Noah's Ark story is a little easier to believe.
Lewis Dunkley, Leicester

No comments:

Post a Comment