Thursday 30 August 2012

LET'S HAVE LESS RELIGION PLEASE!

This letter appears in today's Leicester Mercury:
Let's have less religion please!
As a chocolate lover, I was inspired by Andrew Deacon's letter (Mailbox, August 17) telling us that, as a vegetable, chocolate is good for us.
Regrettably my wife, the blessed Joan, disagrees, as she says that eating chocolate makes me fatter and that I must continue to refrain from buying Mr Cadbury's products.
Alas, the Leicester Mercury Mailbox pages (14/15 August) read like items from the Church Times! As I see it, religion relates to: i) Those who believe; ii) Those who do not believe; iii) Those who don't know.
Please, may we go back to publishing more pleasant letters to cheer us up, rather than involving us in theological debates.
Ted Humphreys, Countesthorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment