Saturday 18 August 2012

BELIEVERS FIND GOD REALLY HELPS

This letter appears in today's Leicester Mercury:
Believers find God really helps
In reply to a letter by F O Hipwell (July 31) I would say that maybe the writer is anxious for someone to convince him or her that God is truly real, because he would be happy if they could.
People with faith and who do their best to do God's will find that God really does help them, because He knows just what they need.
I have found this in my own experiences, in little things, but which were vital to me at the time.
I also had an experience in September which concerned some keys that miraculously appeared in my hand.
So you can see that people with true faith in God are a people set apart.
I do not know about rational people but I do think logically and surely there must be more to life than materialism.
Spiritual feeling expressed by musicians, painters and poets, it seems to me, indicates an inner spirituality given by God.
The gifts of the Holy Spirit, (the third person of the blessed Trinity) are memory, understanding and will, we were taught at school, so these must include our own personal consciences.
You must admit there is a good and evil in the world and there is justice and punishment for wrongdoing. Why do people know this and not admit that the sins they commit deserve punishment, or do they consider themselves to be perfect?
God is just but also merciful and always ready to forgive.
To my way of thinking, everything that is made by man requires a brain behind it to design and manufacture the item.
The knowledge gained from our forefathers is used through the centuries and added to, so why would the beginning of the world not require an intelligent force?
The church teaches that God made us to His own image and likeness and man is getting so clever – just think of the space programme, how marvellous is God's creativity in man.
E Letts, Leicester

No comments:

Post a Comment