Friday 18 November 2011

FINAL FLYER DROP


After my short stint at Kohinoor Radio on St Saviours Road, I decide to drop off some of the remaining flyers for Inter Faith Week at appropriate places in the area. It's lunchtime, the air is filled with appetising smells from the high concentration of restaurants and take aways (not to mention homes) - I'm starving and I'm skint. As I walk up into Spinney Hills, the Adhan (Call to Prayer) is sounding from the Jame Mosque in Asfordby Street. I drop off the flyers at the following spots:

I use up all the packs I have in my bag. I toy with the idea of heading back to the Welcome Centre, making up some more bundles and coming back out to Highfields to cover some of the places I've missed. But it's really not on. Sooner or later, I have to call time on this little pilgrimage. I've got to get the the last bits of paperwork to get in to Highcross this afternoon, showing our public liability insurance cover for the exhibition starting Sunday. There's the Favourite Faiths Photo exhibition to finish, never mind laying my hands on three trestle tables and matching tablecloths. I've still got to find speakers for the talks in the Adult Ed College ...

Photo above: Jame Mosque, Asfordby Street by Ned Trifle. Used with permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment