Sunday 20 November 2011

OCCUPY LEICESTER


On the way into BBC Radio Leicester I pass three guys wrapped up against the cold in the Occupy Leicester camp. Last time I saw this, it was just one tent up against the Clock Tower. It's bigger now and has moved to the middle of the pedestrianised High Street. They give me a shout as I go past and I tell them I'll be back in half an hour or so and have a chat with them. Better than that, I bring them hot food and coffee from McDonald's (is there irony in there somewhere?) I talk to them about the blog, ask their permission to take a picture to put on here - and invite them in to see our exhibition in Highcross sometime during the coming week (since they're camped right outside there).

Join Occupy Leicester's Facebook group.

Follow Occupy Leicester on Twitter: @OccupyLeicester

No comments:

Post a Comment