Monday 13 June 2011

DOCTOR CELEBRATES BEING MADE MBE


From today's Leicester Mercury. Unfortunately, the article neglects to mention is that Marcus is a member of Leicester Council of Faiths (in fact, our Assistant Secretary). Nor does it state that Marcus is the most dapper dresser in the city. Congratulations to Marcus - no doubt this award is highly deserved!
Doctor celebrates being made MBE
A doctor has spent the weekend celebrating being made an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours List.
Dr Marcus Solanki, a mental health clinician with Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust, got together with friends and family to mark the award, which was given for services to the community.
Dr Solanki said: "This is very great honour and I feel very privileged and humbled to receive such an award."
The father-of-two said he received an official letter telling him of the MBE early last week and had to keep the award a secret.
The 55-year-old said: "I told my wife and my mother but I had to keep it from everyone else.
"It was not easy as I was bursting to share the good news."
Dr Solanki is chairman of Savera Resource Centre, in Leicester, which helps Asian people using mental health services, and a spokesman for the city's Gujarati Christian community.
He said: "I feel the award is also a bit of recognition for everyone who works there.
"I feel immensely proud as a member of the Gujarati Christian community to receive this MBE on their behalf."

No comments:

Post a Comment