Saturday 2 April 2011

EMMANU'-EL APOSTOLIC GOSPEL ACADEMY


This afternoon the Emmanu'-El Apostolic Gospel Academy (based at De Montfort University) is performing at the Clock Tower in Leicester city centre. I last saw them here late at night on 15 December last year (see blog entry for that date). That night they were relatively few in number (as were their listeners), wrapped up against the unusually severe cold ten days before Christmas. Still it made a nice addition to our YouTube channel.

In contrast to that last time, today is bright, sunny and warm and the choir has gathered a fair-sized audience, many of whom join in, clap or dance along. The singers and other members of their congregation are wearing striking red and black floor-length outfits that really add to the special nature of their appearance here today (pity I didn't think to get a close up of one of them). I'm without my flip camera today, but use my iPhone to video them performing two songs for our YouTube channel (all done with permission of course). I don't know how good the sound quality might be or even the amount of time I can record on the iPhone; but I don't want to miss capturing something of the performance here today, no matter how short, no matter the quality of reproduction.

Watch the videos of the choir shot just before Christmas 2010 on the Council of Faiths YouTube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment