Friday 15 April 2011

CELEBRATING RE WITH NORTHFIELD HOUSE PRIMARY


This morning I'm at Northfield House Primary, to present certificates and book tokens to the school, which came first in a competition during National RE Week last month. Leicester SACRE (Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education) ran the competition for all schools in the city, under the title "Celebrating RE". I'm appearing here today on behalf of SACRE that I'm appearing here today. As well as the school itself coming first, one of the Year 2 classes won in their category and one pupil gained special mention as a runner-up for a poem she submitted.

I have to say that it's an honour and a privilege to be able to do something like this. I don't think the smile left my face the whole time I was in there.

Arguably the biggest claim to fame enjoyed by Northfield House Primary School is that Parminder Nagra, star of the movie, "Bend It Like Beckham" and long-running US hospital drama, "ER" attended the school. That's her in the photo above.

No comments:

Post a Comment