Wednesday 6 April 2011

MAKE TIME FOR CAKE TIME



Phoenix Square is one of a number of venues joining in with Cake Time, fundraising for Shelter during 2-8 April. I'm always keen to support a good cause. I bought some white choc chip and banana loaf off of this table.


A little later, in Gallowtree Gate, I'm approached by fundraisers for Shelter, so I take the opportunity to show them the blog entry I wrote earlier today with the photo above, give them my card so they can read more of the blog at their leisure - and take their photo so I can put it on here and give more of a big up to Shelter. So that's Craig and Jasmine then, in the photo below.




Shelter can never get too much publicity or support as far as I'm concerned. In a former life, I used to teach adult literacy in some of the homeless hostels in Leicester. That's the kind of experience that would leave a lasting effect on anyone. I don't believe that there's any excuse for our society to allow, permit or tolerate homelessness. It's a stain on our national life - even the fear of homelessness should have no place in Britain today. But every two minutes, someone in Britain today has to face up to losing their home.

1 comment:

  1. This entry was picked up and published by DMU and Leicester Daily (Wed 06 April 2011)
    http://paper.li/c3iq/dmu-and-leicester

    ReplyDelete