Tuesday 27 November 2012

ONE SIDED VIEW

This letter appears in today's Leicester Mercury:
One sided view
What makes Great Britain, this wonderful place where we live, so great is democracy – in other words the right to voice your opinion without fear.
Clarissa Dickson Wright did this and has been pilloried for it. Every word she spoke as far as I am concerned was the truth.
But unfortunately there is a section of the community in Leicester who have no wish to hear other people's point of view.
I am fed up with everything being one-sided. I believe in live and let live but as far as I can see it's we live and you'll live how we say you can. When I was growing up I was told when in Rome do as the Romans do. The older generation will recognise this saying but it certainly does not apply these days.
H Appleton, Wigston

No comments:

Post a Comment