Wednesday 21 November 2012

CHOICE UNLIMITED II


Early this morning, I bring down from the Welcome Centre some of our display material for our (half) table-top display at the second Choice Unlimited event in Leicester Tigers Welford Road Stadium. By 0800 I’ve set up and am on my way to Brooksby Melton College to help run their Inter Faith Events Day. 

A couple of hours later, when Choice Unlimited gets underway, Amanda Fitton and Dan Fisher are here to run the show. That's Amanda in the photo above, alongside Ian and Dennis from Leicester's LGBT Centre, with whom we share a table. Like the event today at Brooksby Meton College, we're "dual-badging" this for Leicester Council of Faiths and Faith Awareness (the inter-faith programme of Christians Aware).

After returning from Melton (a little delayed by having to deal with a partially collapsed ceiling in the kitchen at the Welcome Centre) I’m on the stall here for the last couple of hours of the day, up till 1800.

When the date for this event was announced, I assumed at first that the Council of Faiths wouldn't be able to take part, being right in the middle of Inter Faith Week. I'm glad I thought it through and saw how to make it all work out - with a little help from my friends.


Speaking of friends: in the picture above, Ian Robson, Director of the LGBT Centre is chatting with Harsha Kotecha (sitting in my chair), who was at Choice Unlimited to promote the charities, Cancer Does Not Discriminate and BME Cancer Voice.

Leicester Council of Faiths gets a nice promotional spot in the brochure too.

No comments:

Post a Comment