Wednesday 12 May 2010

CreativeCoffee Club (4)


To Phoenix Square Digital Film and Media Centre this morning, for the regular fortnightly meeting of CreativeCoffee Club. After 20 minutes or so mixing and mingling in the Screen Lounge cafe bar, we head upstairs to the ETC Training Suite, for a workshop on "Networking Skills" led by Dorothy Warner, Head of Development here. In my post, I've had to live on my wits in terms of networking opportunities. CreativeCoffee Club was the training ground on which I practised the skills I needed to do it well. There are 25 of us in all. We each pick a piece of paper from an envelope. It has half of a movie title on it. Our icebreaker activity is to seek out the person with the other half of our movie title. I pick "Shakespeare", so I'm looking for "In Love". Thankfully, when I do find the person with the other half, it's someone I know, so we can half a laugh out of something that might have brought red faces! I tried, unsuccessfully, to persuade Mel Gordon for us to match up with "Shakespeare vs Kramer" (or for his other half to match up with mine, giving us "Kramer in Love"). That's not the right Kramer of course (pictured above), but I just couldn't resist it.

Visit CreativeCoffee Club Leicester's Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/ccleic
Find out more about Phoenix Square Digital Film & Media Centre:
http://www.phoenix.org.uk/index.php?cms_id=21

No comments:

Post a Comment