Friday 14 May 2010

BRANDON UNIT


I receive a phone call this morning from a member of staff at the Brandon Mental Health Unit at Leicester General Hospital. She's calling to ask where they could obtain a multi-faith wall calendar. We don't produce one ourselves, though it's one possible project for our 25th anniversary next year. I recommend that she get hold of the calendar produced by Bradford District Faiths Forum.

While I have her ear, I recommend that the Brandon Unit become involved with the East Midlands Network on Spirituality and Mental Health. There's not much active representation from Leicester and Leicestershire on this network and we need to take every opportunity to promote it. She tells me that the unit has a weekly spiritual care team meeting and that she’ll ensure this matter is raised at the next one.

Photo above: an Eid display at the Brandon Unit, made by service users there.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I would love to involved in designing and producing a Multi Faith Calender for Leicester. What a super idea. Can I contact you for details and advice please. I am a professional photographer and fully qualified and experienced. Liisa Hilden-Parsons Tel 0116 2403277 liisa@photoart.co.uk

    ReplyDelete