Saturday 21 May 2011

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ON THE DOORSTEP

This morning, there's a knock on the door from two Jehovah's Witnesses, two very nice ladies named Annette and Kelsey. I get the chance to talk with them about some of the work Leicester Council of Faiths is doing with the diverse faith communities in the city and ways in which local Jehovah's Witnesses might get involved.

The most relevant one would be the projects coordinating with Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust. One is a set of guidelines regarding first presentation or admission from patients of different backgrounds, beliefs, practices or traditions; the other is the Faith Communities Health Champions Initiative.

They sound interested and ask me to step out into the street to talk with Steve, one of their elders who is out with them today. He's going to pass my card on to their local Hospital Liaison Committee and ask them to get in touch with me.

Steve and I talk for a few minutes about their local congregation, which sounds like it reflects the diversity of Leicester in miniature. I'd like the chance to meet with them and do a little feature about their community for the blog.

Thanks Steve, Kelsey and Annette - I'm looking forward to meeting you all again and making something positive come out of this serendipitous contact!

No comments:

Post a Comment