We hear Sandfield Close Primary School's petition for determination, presented by Head Teacher Amanda Dhillon.
We have the third presentation in our ongoing series, Faith Focus, in which one of the members of SACRE is given the opportunity to introduce the group to their religion or belief. Today it’s a presentation on Humanism by Allan Hayes.
We’re brought up to speed with the latest developments in our series of electronic booklets of guidance for schools staff, Engaging with Leicester’s Faith Communities.
We’re presented with the SACRE Annual Report and with the SACRE development plan, January 2011 – January 2013. This plan describes the following five key priorities:
- To monitor the impact of the Leicester Agreed Syllabus on raising standards of RE in schools
- To raise the profile of SACRE and the positive contribution it can make to community cohesion
- To support the work of the Youth SACRE
- To provide guidance and support for schools of effective provision for Collective Worship and support for determinations
- To develop links between Leicester SACRE and schools as well as local / national bodies