Tuesday 6 September 2011

REDP CORE PARTNERS MEETING


This morning we have the monthly meeting of REDP's Core Partners. Apart from Leicester Council of Faiths, the Core Partners are:

Our normal meeting place is Leicestershire Centre for Integrated Living, the "accountable body" for this project.

The regular Core Partners meeting is normally a fixed point in my monthly calendar. I’ve only missed a couple since REDP began - and then only under abnormal circumstances. I did miss the last of these meetings though (Tuesday 2 August) because I was helping run the Council of Faiths stall at the pre-launch event for Leicester Speaks 2011 in Gallowtree Gate. I had the kids with me that day and it was a good setting for them to dash about on their scooters - as you'll see them do, faithful reader, if you visit the video interview with me on YouTube.

That was such a lovely day. Warm and sunny, it seemed the very height of summer. Hard to imagine it was only one month ago. It's blowing a gale today.

The Core Partners meeting goes until till 1330. Soon after that, we're joined by members of REDP's working group, which is charged with getting its sleeves rolled up and doing most of the actual work between meetings of the Core Partners. I'm the only member of the Core Partners who is also on the working group.

We're still discussing some important aspects of our ongoing work when I have to leave LCIL at 1430, to head on up to the Quaker Meeting House on Queens Road. I have my next meeting of the day there in half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment