Sunday 24 July 2011

KELMARSH HALL AND GARDENS


Sunday: a day off. A day out to Kelmarsh Hall in Northamptonshire to see the house and gardens. The house is closed for a private function (a colourful and joyous Indian wedding) but the gardens beckon. Small talk with two charming, pleasant and helpful ladies volunteering on the admission desk reveals them to be medical professionals in their day jobs: Wendi, a Cardiac Physiologist based in Warwick and Corinne, who introduces herself as a recently qualified paramedic. Of course I have to ask if she works for EMAS (East Midlands Ambulance Service). When she says that she does, I tell her about some of the work I've been involved in with EMAS over the years I've been working for Leicester Council of Faiths - in particular the Community Engagement Event in Leicester hardly ten days ago. I give her my card and encourage her to read the blog. Sunday: a day off at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment