Tuesday 18 January 2011

networking at Network for Change

This afternoon I'm meeting with the Management Committee at Network for Change, on London Road. Network is a support group for adults with long-term mental health issues, offering assistance to a diverse user group on a variety of fronts. I taught at Network, in their Resource Centre, for more than five years, when I was employed by ReMit (Leicester City Council's education service for this client group). I taught basic literacy and Creative Writing here and was a member of the Management Committee.

The Management Committee is having a special session today on sustainability and identifying new funding streams. I've been asked to take half an hour to present something about how I've made my own post at Leicester Council of Faiths sustainable way beyond the end of initial funding from central government (which ran out in March 2008). Of course, I've only had to bring in enough revenue to keep my own post alive, while Network has much grater and more complex needs. I hope that some of what I say proves useful and adaptable though.

Find out more about Network for Change:
http://www.networkforchange.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment