Wednesday 5 January 2011

CreativeCoffee Club


To Phoenix Square Film and Digital Media Centre for the first CreativeCoffee Club of 2011 - well, the last quarter of an hour anyway. Today, I've got younger son Harry in tow - and when we're just about to get off the 31A at Northampton Square, my older son Alastair phones and says he's in Belvoir Street. So a couple of minutes later we meet up and the three of us troop into Phoenix Square together at 1145. But it's always worthwhile showing your face at CreativeCoffee Club, even if it's just for a short time; you never know who's going to be there, or what's going to be in the air. This is borne out for my two sons as much as it is for me today. Harry talks with John Coster and Tina Barton about having an article about his recent audition for "Britain's Got Talent" published in The Wave, while Alastair and John talk about joining up on a new internet radio venture based at Phoenix Square.

This morning, I get first sight of the flyers for the next three sessions of Amplified Leicester. I'm convening a panel for the March session, on "Amplified Communities of Faith or Belief". Nice little blurb about the meeting, even if I say so myself (well, I would say that, wouldn't I - since I wrote it myself). I take away a bunch of the flyers, to drop off here, there and everywhere. Here's the blurb, for your information, faithful reader:
7pm Wednesday 23 March 2011
Amplified Communities of Faith or Belief

Convened by George Ballentyne, Leicester Council of Faiths, with guests Sughra Ahmed, Islamic Society of Britain, Richard Hopper, Leicester Secular Society, Matthew Hughes, Samworth Enterprise Academy. Groups working in the "protected characteristic" of faith of belief are big users of social media. but for what purposes? Each of these panelists will show how their organisations use social media to different ends - some surprising and unexpected.

1 comment:

  1. i used to be a regular at the Secular Society - this is quite a while ago. Leicester Secular Society is supposed to be one of the oldest in the world and is a significant local landmark and part of our local heritage.

    ReplyDelete