Friday 21 January 2011

INTER FAITH WEEK 2011: AND SO IT BEGINS ...

I'm in Phoenix Square Digital Film and Media Centre this afternoon when I receive an email this afternoon from Mike Smith, Policy Adviser and Chaplain to the Bishop of Leicester. He invites me to the next meeting of the Faith Leaders Forum at Bishop's Lodge, Springfield Road on Wednesday 26 January, to start planning early for Inter Faith Week in November. Noel Singh, Policy Officer (Community Cohesion) at Leicestershire County Council has also been invited. Noel was the driving force behind celebration in the city and county of the first Inter Faith Week in 2009. His reduced involvement in 2010 (not his choice) diminished the impact of the whole thing.

Hardly have I replied to Mike's email, when I'm introduced to James Adams, Marketing Officer at Phoenix Squarrse). I talk with him about having a short season of films that would fit in with Inter Faith Week later this year. James is definitely keen on the idea. I made a short list of such films last year, but left it too late to do anything about it. I won't let that happen this time round.

No comments:

Post a Comment