Wednesday 26 January 2011

Amplified Leicester: aftermath


Sounds dramatic, doesn't it? Just a bit of shameless attention grabbing (to go with my usual shameless self promotion).  Would make a good title for the sequel of a hit film about AmpfiedLeic though ...

All it really means is that I wasn't able to attend the talk this evening (a panel on "Amplified Policing"), but did get down to Phoenix Square Film and Digital Media Centre in time to catch up with those who did. I prevailed upon Noel Singh to give me a lift down from the Bishop's Lodge in Springfield Road (where we'd both been attending the Faith Leaders Forum) down to Phoenix Square (well, it was just about on his way).

Since I'm convening the next panel session in two months time (on "Amplified Communities of Religion or Belief") I thought it good that I come down and show my face, check in with Prof Sue and Jayne.

I spend  some time talking with Dr Allan Hayes (of Leicester Secular Society) who got to hear Baroness Warsi's talk at Leicester University last week. At last I find out where it was held (in the David Wilson Library, which has new lecture facilities downstairs). Allan has submitted a "First Person" column to the Leicester Mercury about the talk, which I look forward to reading.

Find out more about Amplified Leicester (and sign up):
http://ampleic.ning.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment