Sunday 3 October 2010

BIFFY (2)


I meet up with our visitors from Blackpool Inter-Faith Forum for Youth (BIFFY) at the Jain Centre this morning. We are received with courtesy and kindness (as is always the case there) and given a tour of the Centre by Satesh. Our visitors know next to nothing about Jainism and have many questions, that Satesh answers eloquently. We spend about 90 minutes here then it's time for them to head back to the hotel and return to Blackpool. When I take my leave of the group, they're kind enough to give me a few gifts (some lovely candles, a box of fudge) as well as leaving me a copy of a DVD they've produced, entitled "Dare to be Different". I've enjoyed playing host to them. It's a pity they're not staying a little longer, as I'm sure they'd enjoy the event at Beauchamp College later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment