Thursday 3 February 2011

PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT GROUP CONSIDERS NHS GUIDELINES

This morning, there's a meeting of my Personnel Management Group scheduled at the Welcome Centre, 1100-1300. However, I'm under pressure to progress work on a set of guidelines from a booklet given me by Abida Hussein at Leicestershire NHS Partnership Trust, containing advice and guidance to be followed when patients of different background, religion or tradition present for the first time at hospital, in A&E or at their GP surgery. I ask for the scheduled meeting to be postponed but for the members attending to go over the text of the booklet, from the perspective of their own religions. That allows me to have the advantage of the Bahá'í , Christian, Hindu and Jewish points of view here this morning.


I have to leave promptly at 1300, to dash down ot the Guildhall to meet Asaf Hussain and visitors from the Iranian Cultural Centre in London, who are doing a recce there for the proposed festival of Iranian culture coming here in March. So I have to usher my colleagues out with little ceremony, so I can lock up. On the way out, we bump into one of the Barry Naylors, on his way into the SPCK book shop on the ground floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment