Thursday 16 September 2010

my management group

Meeting of my management group this morning at the Welcome Centre. Full complement of members today, representing five of the eight religions which are members of Leicester Council of Faiths. Among the matters we consider today: the Jimi Hendrix Converse shoe controversy; our "Faiths Trail" event on the weekend just gone by; our relationship with NHS Leicester City, Leicester Partnership and the Regional Equality and Diversity Partnership; our involvement in Local Democracy Week (or "Leicester Speaks" as it's been rebranded in the local setting) and National Inter Faith Week; and the process of decamping to my new office downstairs. I've got the work space nice and tidy so I can show it off to the members of my management group today, but I can't help wondering if (unconsciously) I've worked too hard to turn it into a more efficient version of what I struggled to create at home for the better part of four years. Same colour carpet, same colour walls, same IKEA Billy bookshelf (same books for the most part). No sofa bed though - I certainly wouldn't fancy sleeping in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment