Tuesday 3 August 2010

Citizens' Eye Community News Cafe (3)

For the second Tuesday evening in a row, I'm at Kona Blue Coffee, Highcross, for one of Citizens' Eye Community News Cafes (every Tuesday here, 0930-1030 and 1830-1930). I'm told that this morning's was very busy - this evening is quiet. Topics arising tonight: future events including Philosophy in the Pub, Local Democracy Week, Leicester City of Sanctuary AGM, Leicestershire Cares Day for the Homeless, National Inter Faith Week 2010 ... but the one vexing Simon Parker most is Leicester's celebration of National Play Day, which takes place tomorrow in Town Hall Square. He's been left in charge of the young reports from The Wave who are covering this event. Must make sure I get a good swatch at that out of my office window!

I know that this would be a much nicer blog entry if it was accompanied by a photo. I did ask folk to gather round so I could take one, but they demurred.

Find out more about Citizens' Eye Community News Agency:
http://www.citizenseye.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment