Tuesday 26 January 2010

REDP involvement event: Leasingham




Today we have the third of the Regional Equality and Diversity Partnership's "Involvement Events" spread across the East Midlands over seven weeks. We're in the village hall at Leasingham (pictured above) just outside Sleaford, Lincolnshire. Good turn out, with eight attendees from relevant local organisations. For the third time of asking, I'm chairing the event as well as making a presentation on the Equality Bill. We've been promised a speaker from the Government Equalities Office  but they're not able to delive in the endr, so I do that bit too. There's rather too much of me in this one; I'm not happy about this and feel that I'm stretched a bit thin. I don't feel I give my best to this event and actually make an embarrassing gaffe. I announce that I wouldn't be reading the PowerPoint slides, "You're all adults, you can all read, printouts of the slideds are in your packs" etc. A few minutes later, I'm passed a note from Dee, reminding me that one of the attendees is blind. So I start reading the text of the PowerPoint slides. After the presentation, I apologise to the fellow in question, who takes it in good heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment