Monday 9 July 2012

CHRISTIANITY DEFINITELY NOT A RELIGION, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

This letter appears in today's Leicester Mercury:
Christianity definitely not a religion, it's a way of life
While FO Hipwell is perfectly free to be an atheist (Offensive, but I'd go further, Mailbox, July 3), I notice he only "suggests" God "may also be a fairytale".
So there does appear to be an element of doubt in his mind.
Like Mr Hipwell, I started out (in my case almost 60 years ago) believing there could not be a God, but life has taught me a lot about God, about people and the world we live in, and I now believe in God 100 per cent.
I was not misled by anyone, but made my own mind up.
I believe God created the world, but it is actually "ruled" by other forces. which explains why bad things happen.
Some people are good and some are bad. Sometimes things on Earth can get so bad that God may intervene to avoid his plans being thwarted.
I believe this may have happened in the 18th century when John Wesley preached in the British Isles and America.
People in our towns and cities were smitten by the power of God which accompanied Wesley and other evangelists when they preached, so this outpouring of the Holy Spirit is a historical fact.
This was especially relevant in Leicestershire. Further study of the Baptist preachers of Barton in the Beans, Lady Selina, Countess of Huntingdon, and Thomas Cook, provides a great deal of evidence of the existence of God.
Above all else in my own mind is the belief that Christianity is definitely not a religion, but a way of life.
Minimal regulation is necessary. God only requires us to love Him and to love our neighbours.
God actually came to Earth in the form of Jesus Christ.
I have found that in accepting this amazing fact, everything else fits into place and documentary proof is not needed.
Nigel Mutimer, Coalville

No comments:

Post a Comment