Thursday 25 July 2013

LEICESTERSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL CHAIRMAN'S SUMMER EVENING


A pleasant occasion at Beaumanor Hall, venue for the traditional Summer Evening reception hosted by the Chairman of Leicestershire County Council. It's a nice event, with polite conversation, an abundant finger buffet and live music inside and out. Harpist Soraya Vermeulen offered a lovely performance within the Hall.

Soraya Vermeulen
I've visited Beaumanor Hall several times, either delivering or receiving training here, but never for a social occasion. I take advantage of the opportunity for a nice stroll on my own through the gardens.

I'm here as the guest of Tony Nelson, Treasurer of Leicester Council of Faiths (my Line Manager there) and representative of the Leicester Hebrew Congregation on that body. We agree to stay for dessert, but leave before there's any dancing.

David Hurwich (left) & Tony Nelson, both of Leicester Hebrew Congregation

No comments:

Post a Comment