Tuesday 24 November 2009

SICK NOTE


Today I should have been attending a meeting of the Regional Infrastructure Consortium (RIC) in Oakham this morning with Laura Horton, on behalf of the Regional Equality and Diversity Partnership (REDP). I should also have been delivering an afternoon's training on Religion or Belief to CCP in Leicester. But Gracie has swine flu and has to stay off school. Her mum, stepdad, her nan and I have divvied up the week among us and there's no one else can have her today but me, so she's been dropped off at my house. She was pretty rough two days ago when I last saw her, but she got the anti-virals quickly and she's quite a bit better today. REDP has arranged for the afternoon's training to be delivered by Manny Barot, who has worked for the Beth-Shalom Holocaust Centre in Newark. I've sent my own PowerPoint presentation to Manny and passed on to him the leaflets, postcards, bookmarks etc that I'd normally use on such an occasion. We talk on the phone for half an hour or so this morning so there's a high level of agreement on the format and purpose of the presentation. I'm happy that he's the one who has been asked to do this in my stead.

No comments:

Post a Comment