Monday 23 January 2012

IS IT TIME FOR A NEW PROPHET?

This letter is published in today's Leicester Mercury:
Is it time for a new prophet?
I have this evening been reading the Mercury and was startled to read another letter about astrology (Mailbox, January 16). But why not, I suppose?
Many years ago, in about 1974 or a little earlier, the Mercury published a letter which has always stuck in my memory since. A reader who could see the future said a man in the East had started on his destiny and would change the whole world.
I was sceptical but now wonder whether she was referring to the then unknown Mikhail Gorbachev. Nobody knew him then.
Catholic saints and mystics have often been able to see events long before they happen.
They don't want this gift and run away from it and from the crowds coming to see them. I don't know that Eastern churches – basically same as Catholics – have such mystics and saints. I should think they would.
After 38 years, it is high time for the Leicester Mercury to give us another letter from a seer or God-fixated person.
D Healy, Wigston

1 comment:

  1. I am reminded of the words of the great Tennis prophet John McEnroe "You can NOT be serious!" The Leicester Mercury really is scraping the bottom of the barrel for letters these days.

    ReplyDelete